We are pleased to announce the launch of new functionality to our HealthMark product. This launch sees the introduction of several enhancements to the Search experience within HealthMark. These enhancements have been made possible with the introduction of the Master Company Index, the underlying architecture that supports the hundreds of millions of companies available for searching within HealthMark.
From a HealthMark perspective, there are several positive implications of the introduction of the master Company Index. A Domestic Legal Entity:
- Is the primary Company location within a Country.
- Should have a single primary industry.
- Can have many branches and or subsidiaries/children.
Feedback from some clients about the HealthMark product is that it has sometimes been difficult to find the companies they are looking for in the HealthMark search; sometimes there are multiple results at the same address, or sometimes the result they expect to be at the top of the list is buried somewhere deeper in the list and requires investigation. The introduction of the Master Company Index means that:
· it will be easier to find the companies that you are looking for.
· results will be displayed in an order expected in line with the entered search criteria.
· only one Domestic Legal Entity will be displayed per country.
The Search function will continue to work as usual you can still enter a Company name and, if known, a company address or country. However, the results that are returned should be significantly fewer because all branch locations have been rolled up to the company headquarters. This should mean that when an exact match is found for the entered search criteria, only one result will display.
Data within a company hierarchy has been consolidated so that the best data is used to produce the most accurate HealthMark for each domestic legal entity. This HealthMark is applied to all branches of the master company. However, subsidiaries (separate legal entities) will be considered separately have their own HealthMark.
Some column names have changed, and one new column has been added. Company Name has been renamed to Company Headquarters, Primary Location is now Headquarters Location, and Branch Location has been added as a new column.
Where the location filter is used the results will return at least one match per country, otherwise the results will potentially have one match per country.
One result is returned for The Gap in United States:
One result per country is returned for The Gap when no location is chosen:
Widen Your Search
- Where an exact match is possible these results will be returned in the first instance. If no exact match is possible, it is possible to increase the number of results by widening the criteria to a fuzzy search by clicking the Click here to widen the search results link.
By widening the search, you get the following results:
- As mentioned above, the search results table has a new column – Branch Location. There will be times where the Location filter chosen in the search criteria corresponds to a branch location; in this instance the Headquarters Location and Branch Location fields will be populated.
The branch and headquarters columns will show the best match for the search criteria, so we recommend using city, state and country, particularly when searching for companies in the USA. If there are multiple locations within the same city, we will show the location with the strongest data.